Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Mind Speaks - Golden Music from a life without vision

Mind Speaks - Golden Music from a life without vision




  
I see this blind couple every day during my walk towards the bus stop and railway station at Whitefield, Banglore. Both are blind and earn a meager income by singing songs and bhajans on the street. By now, they have a fixed stretch of their own world connecting the Railway Station and the bus station. 

The music is simple, rhythmic and slow. I make it a point, a stop for a minute, watch them, listen to them whenever I pass by. It gives me an unknown joy and also in turn a minute of relaxation and stillness in my life.

I am getting to know them more and they too.

Enjoy a few precious seconds from one such stop.



Ramesh Menon
13.04.2011

No comments:

Post a Comment