Friday, March 7, 2014

Shining example - Gulf Today - Short Take - 08 March 2014


Shining example

Passion for photography has taught me a lot of things. From keen observation to contributions for the welfare of the society, there are no limits for a lensman.

Last week, with a view to unwind, I thought I should go out and play some sports. Cricket was an option. I went ahead and as usual carried my camera too.

 I met a man, about 25 years old, and he was there with me to click along. I started a conversation with him. He is a student of Architectural Engineering in Dubai. His parents were here, but they had to leave when he finished school. In order to continue his education and support his parents, he stayed back, and took several part-time activities, including RJ jobs, computer graphics and photography.

Over a period of time, he became an established photographer doing independent events. With his pooled income from all these activities, he now continues his studies.

Talking to him, and rather allowing him to talk, I learnt quite a lot about photography, from his perspective and about his worldly experience, the experience of a 25-year-old trying best of his efforts to come up in his life.

This person, who introduced himself as Akbar, has proved to be an inspiring youth. With such ambition and determination, youngsters can sure shine.

Ramesh Menon

Gulf Today - Short Take - Dt. 08 March 2014
To read it in original, please visit Gulf Today online.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment