Monday, October 8, 2012

Magic words of Marlon Samuels


"The career has been up and down," Samuels admitted. "There have been a lot of tough times. I dealt with them in simple ways and tried to let them pass.

"Being under pressure on a cricket field is nothing compared to what I've been through off the field.

"But as my mentor always said to me, everything that happened to me in life is because I am important. I'm not someone that will ever give up. I never say die. 

"The person that I am deep down inside is the reason why I am still here playing cricket. I have a family that believes in me. If outsiders don't, it doesn't really matter to me." 

Marlon Samuels, after winning the 2012 T20 World Cup at Sri Lanka

To read the article in which he has quoted the above, please visit Cricinfo :  Relief for Samuels after 'a lot of tough times'. Photo Courtesy : Cricinfo.

No comments:

Post a Comment