Saturday, May 30, 2015

Social commitment - Short Take - Gulf Today Dt 30th May 2015

Social commitment


I have a Facebook account as well as Facebook page and a photography group that I moderate. On my personal account, I handpick my contacts who are there as friends. On the page and group, I do allow, with limited moderation, those who should be there.

The reason obviously is to select the audience who I wish to read my thoughts or will be interested to read it and whose activities interest me. Obviously, it will be the same with every socially committed person.

Recently, a virus hit one of my accounts. I did a housekeeping of my accounts and removed some names I genuinely thought should not be to in my friends’ or contact list.

I believe in the saying, “You are known by the company you keep.”

Social media should be used effectively. If one has free time, it is better to do something good, voluntary or social work, utilising the knowledge skills rather than wasting time propagating what another person or his family or friends do or how his family is or what his social status is.

It is always best to stay focused on good things.


Ramesh Menon

To read it in original, please visit Gulf Today online.

No comments:

Post a Comment