Saturday, October 4, 2014

Click trick - Gulf Today - Short Take -Dt 04 October 2014

Click trick





New look arrival lounge Bangalore Airport

A few days ago, I met some friends at the airport. Meeting me after a long time, one of them teased me. “Where is your camera? We get to see you posting on social media immediately wherever you go!”

I was in a hurry at that time and also this is a question I hear often.

During my childhood days, it was a routine for us children to go for sight seeing trips to distant towns in the southern states of India. Most of these trips were directed at pilgrimage centres and historic places of importance.

A family of my father’s friend and my family were part of the tour party most of the time. Nine passengers in a good old Ambassador car, which my father still maintains in a good condition!

It used to give us exposure to different places, culture, food and tradition. It went on till we children grew up and parted ways due to our own business or work.

Now my parents are old and cannot travel easily. Adding to their problems is poor eyesight. I realised the solution was to install a computer at home, provide them a Facebook ID and teach them the basics. Since then, it has become a routine for my parents to see the world through me.

Thus, there are some silent well-wishers out there who regularly read my posts.

It is the same way, I get to see and travel around many parts of the world through some good friends who share the world and news through their clicks and posts.



To read it in original, please visit Gulf Today online.

No comments:

Post a Comment