Saturday, January 11, 2014

Searching for answer - Short Take - Gulf Today Dt. 11 January 2014

Searching for answer

Recently, I met an old friend after a very long time. We talked about the years that have passed by. His children have grown up and are now in college.

I remember those kids when they were very young and carried the same memories of them even now. 

However, while speaking to him, I understood that they were no more small kids.

They had their own views and clear-cut conviction of life for them now and ahead. The new technologies like Internet and other online facilities available to enhance knowledge are their aids.

It reminded me of my childhood and the lack of such facilities then. We were dependent on teachers and elders for guidance to choose future paths.

After my friend left, I kept on thinking about which is the right method - the older or the new generation. Haven’t got an answer yet!

Ramesh Menon, Abu Dhabi

To read it in original, please visit Gulf Today online.

No comments:

Post a Comment