Monday, April 13, 2015

Safety rules are being breached

Safety rules are being breached



I have seen workers in harnesses installing billboards or putting stickers on high-rises. But when I looked closely, I noticed that most of them did not have adequate safety gear. This has happened on more than two occasions.

Once, I was frightened for a group of men who were working on a seven-storey building without any protective gear whatsoever. I am sure that these are not stray cases. People will continue to flout the safety rules if such lapses are not reported.

At the same time, strict enforcement of rules is necessary.

It’s mostly smaller companies that ignore the rules as they engage contract or part-time workers. 

They need to be monitored all the time.


Ramesh Menon, Abu Dhabi
To read it in original, please visit The National online.

No comments:

Post a Comment