Saturday, December 13, 2014

To bee, or not to bee - Gulf Today - Short Take Dt 13 December 2014

To bee, or not to bee

Our life is full of predictable and unpredictable actions and activities. That is one thing that makes it interesting. For me, for you and everyone for that matter.

I have been fascinated by a beehive in my balcony that has  developed into a beautiful one in size and population.

As the number of bees started growing, we took more caution to leave them alone. What will happen if by chance, the hive was disturbed!

My interest in nature held me from taking any action to remove the hive. I kept on observing them, their lifestyle and routine. With still and video photography, I kept on recording their activities from morning till night.

At one point, it was sure that the hive had to be removed. I was feeling sad till the last minute, as we had to remove it completely from our area.

The action known to us was unknown to the creatures. It gave me an opportunity to think about various natural calamities that happen suddenly without any notice to mankind.

At times, however equipped we are, we are helpless in front of nature and its fury or even any other destructive force that is on us. There is a lot to think about this and am leaving it to your imagination.


Ramesh Menon

To read it in original, please visit GULF TODAY online

No comments:

Post a Comment