Saturday, October 25, 2014

Drive Safe - Gulf Today - Short Take Dt 25 October 2014

Drive safe

I am always worried when I get to see people driving dangerously. It has been a routine to talk and promote about safety on the road and elsewhere. From experience, I have felt people have to be consistently reminded of safe driving habits.

A moment of lapse in attention is enough to result in a major road disaster.

This is again and again proved when I drive on the Abu Dhabi – Dubai highway.

I was driving back from Dubai a few days ago and found the car in front of me not in control and wavering from one line to another. Feeling something dangerous going to happen as I watched a few distance from behind, I flashed and honked the driver to stop.

I went to him and talked to him whether he was ok. I found him exhausted and sleepy. It took some time for me to convince him to stop for some time, take enough rest and re-start his journey.

Many times, we may not get to be in that situation. I realised that it is not enough to drive carefully. But, we also need to watch out for others’ mistakes.

Beware of others’ mistakes. True to its word, at times we are really helpless.


Ramesh Menon

To read it in original, please visit Gulf Today online

For all my readers:

If you enjoyed reading this post and wish to subscribe to my blog, please go to the left hand side and choose the last 'box' which says subscribe. Also explore the many 'previous articles' listed month-wise on the links above on the left side of the blog. Share the posts with your friends through Facebook, Twitter or other accounts using the buttons below each post. 


You may also read similar articles at: Safety First

I would love to read your comments.


Thank you and best regards - Ramesh Menon Abu Dhabi - Clicksand Writes



Key words: Road Safety, Safety First

No comments:

Post a Comment