Saturday, June 6, 2015

Artistic taste - Short Take - Gulf Today Dt 06 June 2015


Artistic taste

I have several hobbies developed over a period of years. It is interesting to develop new skills and it requires a lot of dedication and sustained effort.

Sketching and drawing is one of them. During my school days, I was scared to touch the pencil even to draw an ordinary flower for my school assignments.

But moving on to college and professional courses, there was no choice left other than to try it out. At some point of time, I thought about my maternal uncle, who used to be very good at oil paintings.

I thought about him whenever I had any assignments and some sort of self-confidence developed. The artistic taste grew from there on.

My thoughts on drawing came out recently when I observed an artist exhibiting his skills at an Abu Dhabi mall. He was a professional and started from a blank canvas and used the free brush style and created something extraordinary.

Thinking deeper into it, our life is like that of the blank canvas and the artist. We are born with certain natural and inherited skills and we add up on to them several others through continuous education. This becomes our true wealth.

How we utilise this wealth will result in our immortal contributions to society. This is what I term, Talent Share, with its magic mantra. A talent or knowledge is to be shared.

The joy of seeing someone else taking up your interest in a competitive or entertainment spirit is immense to experience.


Ramesh Menon
To read it in original, please visit Gulf Today online

No comments:

Post a Comment