Friday, August 13, 2010

My Letters ; GULF NEWS Dt. 13.08.2010 - Take a thoughtful stand

My Letters ; GULF NEWS Dt. 13.08.2010 - Take a thoughtful stand

I thank the readers who wrote against and in favour of my community report about men consuming alcohol in public (“Be a part of change”, Gulf News, August 8). Since I regularly take up quality issues with various Abu Dhabi authorities, I had the contact numbers needed to alert the police and the media. But, I marked the pros and cons in my mind before taking any steps. It was not [due to] fear. If that were the case, I would not have submitted the community report with my name given the possibility of angry reactions in one way or the other. If I were to report the wrongdoers, it would have resulted in the arrest of those individuals and a report to that effect in the newspaper. However, I strongly felt a community report through Gulf News would result in a wider impact and alert all concerned. So, be alert and act according to the situation.

From Mr Ramesh Menon
Abu Dhabi
 

To read it in original, please visit GULF NEWS Online. 

No comments:

Post a Comment