Thursday, August 26, 2010

Mind Speaks - A visitor from the past

Mind Speaks - A visitor from the past

 




It was a very common seen during my childhood days to see the above scene. A man carrying a wheel adapted to sharpen knife, and also selling knives in various shapes and sizes. The advent of latest equipments and the change of technologies have made redundant these age old visitor who travels from village to village and was once a common visitor to all homes. We used to have a regular person in our village who was from some distant village in Tamilnadu. It has been a very long time I have seen him, or any one who took over from him in our village. However, I did not stop my search for him. It was during my recent visit I chanced upon one such person in a village in Bangalore. I did not miss the chance and did turn my car and came back all the way to include him in my collection. From a casual talk with him, even he is going to put a full stop to this trade as no very few people uses his services. Except, for some barber shops or butcheries, even they have electronic equipment to sharpen their tools or completely electronic equipments to be used and thrown away. I wished him good luck for future and continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment