Saturday, November 15, 2014

Learning experience - Gulf Today - Short Take - Dt 15 November 2014

Learning experience

It was a hectic week with Adipec 2014 celebrating its 30th anniversary.

The prestigious oil and gas exhibition and conference has gained immense popularity over the years. It was proved by the continuous flow of visitors with their quest to know more about technology and expertise present in each of the stands.

The event offered an opportunity to meet with colleagues who arrived for the exhibition from different parts of the world and also make some new friends who were first timers.

Observing them and many others in our and various other stands was a learning experience by its own. Some people make it a show and some others contribute significantly to make the show run!

For me, it was a month of long working hours and I needed a break. Off to the airport straight from the exhibition, I realised my dress was completely out of form.

I approached an outlet where an Ethiopian salesgirl gave me the right choice of shorts, jackets, belt and other accessories. In no time, I was relaxed and comfortable in my new dress.

Good customer service is an inborn art and a person like her should be congratulated and promoted to be role models. Our travel becomes all the more interesting when we come across such pleasant salespersons.

Ramesh Menon

No comments:

Post a Comment