Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My Letters - GULF NEWS - Dt. 18.01.2010 - Don't read and drive


My Letters - GULF NEWS - Dt. 18.01.2010 - Don't read and drive


Gulf News reader Mohammad Ansar Basrur Habibullah said he was horrified
to see a motorist engrossed in reading material while driving. He said: “I took this picture from my mobile phone while I was on Shaikh Zayed Road, driving towards Abu Dhabi. I was watching the [motorist] for quite a long time. He was actually reading something while driving. We were at a speed of between 80km/hr to 100km/hr and there was light traffic. [The sight] shocked me. People need to drive more safely.”

- The reader is a businessman in Dubai

My Comments as follows:

Added 12:44 January 18, 2011

What the driver was doing is absolutely wrong. We get to see many drivers texting while driving, which is another danger. I request the community reporter too to not take photos while driving, if it was he who clicked, it is also a mistake. Safety First - let that be each drivers motto.

Ramesh Menon, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

To read it in original, please visit GULF NEWS Online.

No comments:

Post a Comment