Sunday, January 15, 2012

Children shouldn't use passers by for target practice - My Letters - The National Dt. 15.01.2012

Children shouldn't use passers by for target practice - My Letters - The National Dt. 15.01.2012

One day recently I noticed a group of children playing football in the empty space between two buildings in Tourist Club area.

There is a transformer there, and they use the wall of it as their goal.

While on my walk, I noticed them practising their shots by shooting at some labourers sitting nearby.

First I thought these were accidents but as I watched I realised they were also pinpointing passers-by at random and at will. Some of the people were hit quite hard.
I continued my walk but, returning, had forgotten this business and became their victim myself. It was painful.

The area has two public parks plus play areas, and these children should be controlled. Could the authorities take appropriate measures?

Children deserve opportunities to play but they should not be developing sadistic skills.

Ramesh Menon, Abu Dhabi

To read it in original, please visit The National online.

No comments:

Post a Comment