Sunday, March 15, 2009

Shaping the future of news - GULF NEWS initiative


In the recent times, GULF NEWS has been coming out with a renewed vigor, innovation and initiatives each day. As I mentioned here earlier, Your Turn page and the Community reporter column is getting popular amongst it's readers. It is an opportunity I marked to express my comments to any particular activitiy, which normally may go un-reported. It was also an opportunity I saw to evaluate my writing and photography skills. Each time, I send in an item of news or photo, I was sure, I am competing with numerous others within and outside the country and it gave me pleasure to see it in print, if ever it gets published and also consider more competitive approach for the next time, and look for minor errors which could have avoided an elimination.
I am sure that this opportunity will be happily grabbed with both the hands by many new readers in the coming days. I take this opportunity to congratulate the winners of February 2009:
1st - Mr. Saleh Yahya Farah
2nd - Mr. Vadasseril P. Abraham
3rd - Mr. Loic T
and all the other contributors for giving readers a chance to read the newspaper in their own language.
I also take this opportunity to congratulate the news editor Anupa Kurian and Deputy Editor Sanya Nayeem and an excellent team of members for bringing out beautiful prints each day with wonderful prominence for the news and presenters.
God Bless, and continue to sustain this good momentum all throughout.
Ramesh Menon
15032009


in

No comments:

Post a Comment