Saturday, July 11, 2015

Point to ponder – Gulf Today – Short Take Dt 04 July 2015


It was a foggy morning and I looked through the windows outside. The busy road and the vehicles were not clearly visible as it used to be on any normal day.

Suddenly my eyes caught up with a flip calendar with a quote on it. The words on that day’s page read “Never do anything which you do not wish to do during the last hour of your life.”

I kept on looking at it for a long time. The foggy weather condition and the traffic situation were no more in my focus and thoughts.

My memories went back to a few years to a hospital room near the ICU. It was raining and I was consoling a loving family member who was, unknown to all of us at that time, in the last week of her life. Listening to my encouraging words, she was showing a brave face, but she knew at that condition a turnaround was the last possible thing.

That part of the thought ended then and there and it revolved to the present. Can we really make an effort to have the real essence of that sentence possible in our day-to-day life? I started thinking deep into it. How can we bring in a change that can make our last action everlasting?

Not an easy task. After all, no one wants to die fast. So, is that an excuse to do something unwanted to be given another chance to correct it?

Ramesh Menon
To read it in original, visit Gulf Today online

No comments:

Post a Comment