Monday, January 14, 2013

Tunnel speed limit should be uniform


Tunnel speed limit should be uniform

The new Sheihk Zayed Tunnel in Abu Dhabi looks beautiful and is a state-of-the-art structure that will serve the growth of Abu Dhabi for years to come.

However, when I use it, I am confused by the implementation of several different speed limits along the tunnel.

I am a cautious driver who likes to remain below the displayed speed limit, but I too often find cars speeding up to me, flashing their lights, despite clear signs saying that the limit is 60km/h or 80km/h.

The authorities must find a way to book those drivers who break the limits or there will be many accidents in the tunnel.

I also think they should establish just one speed limit for the entire length of the tunnel, obviating the need for people to speed up or slow down.

Ramesh Menon, Abu Dhabi

To read it in original, pleas visit THE NATIONAL online

No comments:

Post a Comment