Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My Daily Ramadan Thoughts - 04/2009

My Daily Ramadan Thoughts - 04/2009



Marina Mall in Abu Dhabi decorated to greet the customers during the holy month or Ramadan

Into the 4th day of the holy month of Ramadan, my thoughts revolve around the same topics which I covered yesterday. Sometimes it is like this, some or other things remain for a longer time. It is the thought about the have's and have not's. It is about an interaction with a friend of mine who lost his job here due to recession recently. Well settled, he used to enjoy life in the fullest of possible ways. Leaving nothing for him every month, after his regular payoffs to his family, he enjoyed it to the best. Back home, with nothing much in hand as balance, thinking that whatever he transferred, he had a different approach from his relatives waiting for him. Just the same way it has happened for many others from here. Not easy to get a good job, and not used to this situation, he is in distress these days. On a casual meeting, I asked him, what do you do these days? And his answer to me was " Our state is very big and we have several long distance services during the day and night? I sit inside one of them and there goes by days or nights problems."

Let this holy month of Ramadan be an opportunity for all of us to think about those in need and help them in whatever we could.




Marina Mall in Abu Dhabi decorated to greet the customers during the holy month or Ramadan


Wishing another blessed day of Ramadan to all my friends.

Ramesh Menon

25082009

No comments:

Post a Comment